Grace in abundance sadly makes some people become ungrateful.
- Thoughtful people are grateful people.
Your petty sin will bring you down if you don't repent.
- Lot was brought down by his drinking problem as it made him sleep with his daughters who ended up falling pregnant.
- Two generations were born from the incest, Moabites and Amorites.
Balam encouraged Balak to make the Israelites curse themselves when he realized that he couldn't curse those whom God had blessed.
- You are your biggest problem.
The presence of evil:
For evil to sneak into your life it needs to stay close to you and affect your values, emotions and spirit.
- Balam told Balak to allow the Israelites interact with the Moabites so as allow their wordly ways to negatively influence the Israelites God fearing ways.
The devil's device is to cut the youth from their leaders (elders) as a way for them to live a wasted life.
Never confuse grace with weakness.
- When God doesn't immediately deal with your sin, it doesn't mean that He will not eventually hold you accountable.
- The God who made you is able to unmake you.
What do you do when someone is disrespecting God and you know it will make you become isolated?
Evil is primarily spiritual and cultural.
- It doesn't start in the flesh but spirit.
- It is a controlling spirit that makes people follow a culture that does not honor God.
- Culture affects the way you think, behave and feel.
Never confuse knowing the Bible and understanding God.
- Many sin still even though they know what the Bible says about sin.
Zimri was a clan leader who challenged God in front of all Israelites.
- The more grace is shown to someone, the more vulnerable they are to sin against God.
What sustained the evil one:
1. Mixed multitude
Everytime you get entangled with people who don't share your values, one of you will lose their values.
1 Corinthians 15:33
You cannot mix with someone mocking God without you mocking God too.
2. Mixed motives
Not following God for who He is.
The Presence and Power of Champions
Challenges are common but champions are uncommon.
* Care deeply about God
If you are not devoted to God you cannot devote yourself to His work.
- How much of God are you devoted to?
** Care deeply about what God cares about.
What matters to God should matter to you.
* Get into the battlefield
Champions of Jesus get involved in furthering His kingdom.